Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I love it when I am right! Recap of last night and predictions for tonight.

Yankee's vs. Astros


Ooo I love it when my predictions come true. The Yankee's come back to tie the series at 2-2 last night. To a lot of people the Yankee's comeback is a surprise, but not to me. Let me tell you why. This Yankee's team is playing with so much heart and passion right now. You can see it in the field and in the stands. Every year a team gets hot against a power house team and pulls a miracle comeback. The Yankee's are that team this year because you can tell they want it more than the Astros. I hate seeing this because I am not a fan of the Yankee's they have won enough as an organization. This team can only get better in the offseason, but that is something I will talk about in the offseason.


Tonight is the battle of the aces Dallas Keuchel vs. Masahiro Tanaka. The Yankees have struggled trying to figure out Keuchel over the years. The Astros are 5-0 this postseason when Keuchel and Verlander pitch. The Astros are clearly at their best when one of these two men are on the bump. In Keuchel's last start he was dominate going 7 scoreless innings with 10 strikeouts. After giving up two straight to the Yankee's I expect the Astros to be fired up tonight at home with their ace on the mound. Tanaka's last start was solid as he gave up 2 runs over 6 innings, but ended up losing. I know the Yankee's are lighting the world on fire right now, but I am going to have to pick the Astros to win tonight. The Astros are just to good of a team to lose 3 straight in the playoffs.



Dodgers vs. Cubs


It is over for the Cubs, of course, how I predicted lol. Last night was more of the same from the Cubs offense. The Cubs were the hottest hitting team entering the playoffs, but you wouldn't of guessed that from watching them in the postseason. The Dodgers on the other hand are getting production from everyone in the lineup, which has made the world forget that Corey Seager is injured. Last night the hero's were Chris Taylor and Andre Either. Almost every World Series team I can remember has the least likely guys coming through big for them on there way to a title. This Dodgers team is no different.


We saw another classic Puig moment last night as he bat flips on a ball he thinks is a homerun and turns out to be foul. The Cubs had some fun with this the rest of the game. Kyle Schwarber hits a homerun the following inning and does the same bat flip. Wilson Contreras even bat flipped on a base hit to right field. The best was the slide into second base by Puig and Baez shakes his finger at him indicated no no no lol. I love seeing this in baseball without it turning into a fight. Puig is a character and honestly good for the game of baseball. The older generation might think he is a showboat and a egomaniac (which is true). The young generation loves the bat flips, and licking the bat thing Puig has been doing this playoffs. It's fun to see those little rivalries in a baseball game.



Okay to tonight's game and the last game for the Cubs this playoffs. Why I say that is because I have no confidence in Jake Arrieta. He has only started one game this postseason and lost. The thing that stood out the most in his last start is he walked 5 batters. The way the Dodgers are playing right now you can't afford to give them free base runners. On the other side the Dodgers are throwing Alex Wood who is coming off the best season of his career. The thing Wood needs to focus on is not giving up walks and avoid the big inning. I expect Wood to be on a longer leash than Arrieta tonight but I would be surprised if any pitcher made it past the 6th inning tonight. With all that being said you know I am picking the Dodgers to finish off the series tonight and sweep the Cubs 4-0.

1 comment: